At Medallion Depot we want to provide you with the best customer service possible. So we have compiled a list of questions our customers frequently ask about our medallions to help alleviate some of the questions you have about ordering a medallion or backsplash from us. If you still have questions about our medallions, please contact us and we would be happy to answer them!
Note: as of September 2019, we are receiving higher then usual demand for our products. We are doing our very best to meet the 2 to 3 week delivery period, but some delays are possible. If you cannot have any delays, please give us a call so we can discuss your project timelines. We do not want to lose your business.
- Remove the lids of the crates that the medallion is shipped in.
- Remove the medallions from the packaging by lifting board from underneath the 2×4 frame.
- The medallion is supplied glued to a mesh backing. Trim the mesh backing with an x-acto knife.
- A mortar bed should be applied to set the 3/8” thick medallion. The medallion can be set in either a mortar bed or “thin set”.
- Slide the medallion sections off the border and into the mortar. Handle with care as marble is delicate prior to installation. Standard medallions have 1/8” gaps between each of the water jet cut pieces. Position the sections of the medallion 1/8” apart.
- Allow the mortar to dry overnight.
- Grout with a non-sanded grout.
- Seal the medallion with a natural stone sealer.
- The medallion must be returned within 7 days.
- The medallion must be packaged properly.
- The customer pays all shipping fees.
- Custom medallions cannot be returned without prior approval.